28 October 2006

And it keeps going like this...

I didn't stick around for the Q&A at the Literary Non-fiction discussion, but what I caught was great. Melissa Fay Greene is a hoot. I caught some of the O. Henry Short Story thing. I came in toward the end and most of the discussion was aimed over my head. I definitely suffered by showing up late to that.

This Capitol Complex is crazy. I was on an elevator and I ended up outside. How strange is that? I was also on an elevator with Victor Navasky after Obama. He was talking with his assistant and proclaimed Obama to be (I'm paraphrasing here) "an outsider, general on the issues and non-threatening... probably a good candidate."

I've been running late for everything today. It all started when I spilled egg and bean taco grease on my shirt this morning. Obama went long and I've been struggling ever since. I left the O. Henry discussion very early to play catch up. Now I am awaiting Memoir: Dealing With Dad. Early start.

This is an all-star lineup, there are quite a few of those at this thing: Gail Caldwell, Robin Chotzinoff, Maria Elena Salinas, and Rigoberto Gonzalez. The affable and hilarious Sarah Bird will be moderating. This topic should get an entertaining treatment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home