29 October 2006

More surprises...

Pitchapalooza Panel (r to l): Will Clarke, Arielle Eckstut, David Sterry, and Amanda Eyre Ward

I just took off from Pitchapalooza. Some interesting book ideas and some brutal flashbacks from my days at BookPeople. Now I'm waiting for The Ransom Center and TBF Present: The Beats with Rob Johnson (I hope not the one from Matchbox 20) and Bill Morgan. Should be good. I must admit there have been no real disappointments yet.

Apparently that's not the case for everyone. Yesterday, when I used my press creds to get into the Obama event (late), there was an irate group of normal people, about 20 deep, that couldn't get in, acting as if Obama was the junk and they were dying to get well. Lots of yelling. Did you ever see The French Connection?

This egg shaped girl with fake "Chanel" shades verbally assaulted a guy who accidentally bumped into her right before Amy Sedaris's presentation. She then complained of the man's 6" height advantage and, when he made attempts to placate her, he was informed that he should "Shut up."

Also, Kevin Clash, the guy most strongly affiliated with Elmo, cancelled and festival organizers are anticipating the worst. Again, I'll document any riots thoroughly and accurately.

[Update: Bookfestival staff made some signs implicating Sesame Street in the KC Fiasco, if I can find signs or crying babies I'll try to get more details.]
BTW: This Rob Johnson has nothing to do with Matchbox 20.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home